Friday, April 15, 2011

GW elementary

Today my mentor asked if we could meet after the program to go over my project. We started the program as usual with homework help and after that the kids had some time to work on a story for their end of the year skit. My mentor told me to type up the script and assign kids into certain groups. We made four groups a group that would design props, a group to make queue cards, a group for costumes, and a group to make advertisements. My mentor told me that every child would have a part in the play. Soon after that it was time for them to go to hula and Tahitian lessons. Dancers from Nemenzo had begun volunteering with A.S.E.S. to teach the kids to dance. After that they had to go to a science lab. I stayed after to talk with my mentor and she asked me if I had any idea on what I was going to write about and I told her that I would write about how after school programs needed more funding. She told me that it was a good topic and gave some places I could get information. She also told me that it might help if I got the children's' perspective on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment