Tuesday, April 12, 2011

GW elementary

Today I helped my mentor give homework help to the kids in my class. During the time they are supposed do homework they are supposed to be completely quite unless they are asking for assistance. After homework help we took the kids outside to let them play on the playground. My mentor said that I should always monitor the way the children are playing to make sure that none of them started to bully or mistreat another. After they played we went inside and they had a snack. All of the snacks are healthy ones and don't have much sugar in them. I was surprised to see how little of snacks they had due to the time they spend at the program. So I asked my mentor why they didn't give them more snacks and she told me that because of the little money they get from the government they can’t afford anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment